Saturday, April 19, 2008

I Can

I'm learning soooo much. In the past few weeks, i've shown some new skills and mum has been pretty impressed.

Using a screwdriver - to take screws out of my toys. Mum should get rid of the plastic tools, I need real ones now.

Counting - I can count to 14 without any trouble, i get a bit mixed with the teens, but coming along nicely.

Math - I can add and subtract anything that adds up to 10

Reading - I know all the alphabet and can recognise both upper and lowercase letters, i still argue with mum over M's & W's. I can spell my own name and am starting to read. I can read & spell 5 other words without looking - Cat, Dog, Bed, Zoo, Hot. One of my favourite books is Madagascar because I can read all the Zoo words - very exciting. Mum has put labels on stuff around the house to help me. My other favourite book is The Lion, The Witch & The Wardrobe. Mum is reading it to me every night.

Whistle - I can whistle, i've been practising by myself and showed mum, she got very excited.

Computer - I can turn the computer on, put in mum's password (she was a bit shocked cos she didn't show me, i looked over her shoulder one day), open the video programs and load up my DVD's to watch. I can use all of the menu options, i even showed mum how to quickly get back to the menu's. I can also hook up the playstation and operate the menu's. Mum says i'm not allowed to plug in the power tho (I told her Connor did it, not me!)

Phone - I can use the phone now, mum showed me once on the home phone and wrote down Oma & Grandad's phone number. I don't need the number anymore cos I can remember it. Oma & Grandad like it because I ring them at least twice a day, mum is not so impressed that i use her mobile when she is not looking and says i have to use the house phone.

Bat & Ball - I can use the bat & ball by myself, i throw the ball a bit & hit it with the bat.

Tramp - I can do 'knees' and 'bum' jumps on the tramp. Mum doesn't like my attempts at doing flips, it freaks her out.

No comments: